Digestive ailments, lower backaches, toxic backup in the kidneys (the ileocecal valve is governed by the kidney meridian), bronchitis and even eczema have been known to serendipitously clear after the ileocecal valve's functioning is restored. The following technique is adapted from the book "Energy Medicine" by Donna Eden, and is used to both open and reset the ileocecal valve.
- Place your right hand on your right hip bone with your little finger at it's inside edge. Your hand is over the ileocecal valve.
- Place your left hand at the corresponding spot at the inside edge of your left hip bone. This is the Houston's vale, and resetting both valves creates a symmetry between them.
- Exert pressure as you massage and slowly drag the fingers of each hand up six to seven inches with a deep inhalation.
- Shake the energy off your fingers with the outbreath and return to the original position. Repeat about four times.
- End by dragging your fingers downward one time with pressure.